Sunday, January 10, 2010

3/365 - Reduced Calorie Cupcake/Muffins



I've read about this for a while and this morning decided to try it.

Ingredients:
1 Box Cake Mix (180x12=2160 Calories)
1 Can Diet Soda (0 Calories)

Directions:
*Mix cake mix and diet soda together in bowl
*Spray the cake pan or cupcake pan with nonstick spray
*Bake until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean. (In my case that was 12 minutes but they could have gone longer for less moist muffins.

Servings (18-24 depening on how much you put in each cupcake container)
Just divide 2160 by however many servings you end up with. In my case I made 22 cupcakes, and I added egg beaters so my total cals for the mix was 2200. So each one was 100 calories.

If you want to add a topping low fat cool whip is a great choice.

Enjoy!

No comments: